This class is a great way to start your path with JDC’s training standards on the defensive carbine. The course is good for beginners but is also an excellent review for anyone, with individual performance challenges. This course is a full day offering, running approximately seven hours. It provides intensive personal coaching to allow you to reach your maximum personal development.
Topics covered include firearms safety, justification, mindset, shot process, shooting fundamentals, mounting, carbine manipulation, malfunction clearance, dry fire, and target transitions. Live fire drills will be from three to 50 yards, and the class will end with a skill evaluation. You will also receive a performance improvement plan.
- Reliable semi-automatic carbine with a sling
- At least 4 reliable magazine and some way of holding them. At least one belt magazine pouch for quick reloads is recommended
- 300 Rounds of reliable ammunition (no bimetal, tracer, or armor piercing)
- Personal Protective Equipment (ballistic eye wear, foam ear plugs and hard outer muffs, a ball cap or hat is highly recommended)
- Note taking material
- Food and water to maintain you through the entire training event
- Comfort items – camp or lawn chair, sunblock, bug spray, etc.
You understand, know, and can follow the Cardinal Rules of Firearms Safety in a group environment