Speed Shooting and Shot Calling is an advanced pistol class focused on enhancing students ability to run their handgun at high speed. 2-Gun National Champion Ken Bloxton has developed a full day course that answers some the hardest questions in shooting such as -
- How can I maintain accuracy at high speed?
- What is "Shot Calling" and how do I do it?
- What does it mean to "See what you need to see"?
This training event will start with a classroom briefing before heading to the range for the live fire portion, where we will cover the following topics in rapid succession while shooting a variety of paper and steel targets -
- Dry Fire Draw & Fundamentals
- Live Fire Draw & Fundamentals
- Shot Placement & Shot Calling
- Engaging Multiple Targets
Skills will be introduced and developed in the first half of the day, then applied in a mini-match style shooting exercise in the second half.
Students will need to bring the following gear -
- A decent belt to hold your guns/gear
- Midsize or larger handgun (9mm, 40sw, 45acp)
- 3-4 magazines, (more if you're bringing a single stack)
- Magazine pouches or pockets are acceptable
- Strong side OWB or Appendix holster (no SERPA)
- 400rds factory loaded ammunition (more is better!)
- Eye protection / Ear protection / Brimmed hat
- Snacks / Water / Medkit if desired